2020 in Review: Which Topics Generated the Most Attention?
Annual Reviews has curated its yearly collection of the Most Read Articles in 2020, when 1,158 review articles were published across 51 journals. Which topics generated the most attention? Explore the lists below for the most downloaded articles from the Biomedical/Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Economics.
These articles are freely available to download and share with your colleagues and are always available through subscribing institutions.
Economics: Top downloaded articles include:
- Environmental, Economic, and Social Consequences of the Oil Palm Boom
- Behavioral Implications of Causal Misperceptions
- Political Effects of the Internet and Social Media
Social Sciences: Top downloaded articles include:
- The Changing Cleavage Politics of Western Europe
- Remembering: An Activity of Mind and Brain
- Judgment and Decision Making
Physical Sciences: Top downloaded articles include:
- Superconducting Qubits: Current State of Play
- Machine Learning for Molecular Simulation
- Sustainability Science: Toward a Synthesis
Biomedical/Life Sciences: Top downloaded articles include:
- Salt Tolerance Mechanisms of Plants
- CD40 Agonist Antibodies in Cancer Immunotherapy
- Machine Learning in Epidemiology and Health Outcomes Research
How Readers Discover Content in Scholarly Journals: 2021
Annual Reviews is again one of several sponsors of an important survey aimed at informing the research community about how users find research articles online. The research continues from previous work undertaken in 2005, 2008, 2012, 2015, and 2018, and will be made publicly available along with the survey data. We would appreciate your input into this short survey, designed to take you no more than 8 minutes to complete. All responses are collected anonymously. Respondents can opt to enter a prize draw for one of 3 Amazon vouchers worth $100.